Springbak Springsoles Half-Marathon Training Tips

Runners Training

Runners Training

While finishing a marathon might be on many people’s life to-do list, in truth the distance isn’t for everyone, particularly beginners. That’s where the half marathon comes in.

Participating in a 13.1 mile race can provide a sense of real accomplishment, without the months of training, time and physical toll that marathon preparations require. Anyone who currently gets some type of aerobic exercise several times a week can be race-ready in 8 to 10 weeks.

If you’re currently in-training or thinking about participating in a half-marathon, Kenyan Way, coach, and former Olympian, Sean Wade, shared these training strategies with us:

* Run long runs at a pace that allows you to complete the second half of the race faster than the first half, also known as a ‘negative split’. Start the runs at a pace that is at least one minute slower than the pace you will finish the run. If you have to walk, you’re running too fast.

* Beginners should do all their runs at a relaxed, conversational pace, about 30 to 60 seconds slower than the goal race pace. More experienced runners should complete 85 percent of their runs at that pace and incorporate speed work into the other 15 percent.

* Save it for another day. “No one workout will make you-but it can break you,” Wade says. Do not speed up at the end of the runs or race nearby runners. Consistent, injury free training is the key.”

For more great tips from Springbak, visit the official Springbak website at
Performance Boosting Springsoles / Insoles – Run Faster, Jump Higher, Lessen Fatigue

Categories : Running Workouts

Comments are closed.

Customer Service:

Mon. thru Fri.
8am-5pm Pacific Time
Email Springbak

Connect with Springbak on Twitter
Connect with Springbak on Facebook
Springbak on MySpace Springbak on StumbleUpon